21 March 2010

MORE ON CHANGE...

Okay, I'm going to follow along with this train of thought that was introduced in the MyWireWorks Blog , regarding change.

This concept of 'change' and what it all really relates to has just sort of started to snowball through my thoughts, so I'm gonna prattle about it here.

I'm not sure that I had every really put much thought into the enormity of the meaning of change because of course change is just part of life...in actuality that is what 'life' means to me. Life is forever changing. It is just a natural occurrence but looking at it a little differently today, I've realized that there are so many different levels of change. And with some changes come consequences. And this change can be a good thing or a not such a good thing.

Last weekend we painted our living room. This was a good change and had good little changes related to it. Like I had to pack up all the junk in the space and it made me realize how much stuff I hang on to that really doesn't have any value to me. So I gave some stuff away...see a good thing came from it. There is a list of good things that came from that action.

On the reverse side, some change is not so good even though some people may think it is. For example, and here's my real beef that seems to keep getting my goat every day, is the change in the government. Change that overall isn't really good for the greatest number of people.

Okay, so there has been a ton of changes going on with this health care bill and all. I for one, am not happy that this particular bill passed and I am going to be forced to purchase something that I didn't agree to. But what REALLY gets me is that it doesn't apply to those that passed it. If these laws that our congress pass are always so great, how come they don't apply to them? Here's a change that appears to be good on all levels, but I think that we are going to learn over the next few months that it isn't so good. And again, when I ponder upon this concept of change and all its levels just regarding this aspect...scary comes to mind.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Gotta agree completely!

eXTReMe Tracker