17 February 2009

IDIOT DRIVERS

Something worth pondering for today: Are there actually more idiot drivers on the road when the weather is bad, or am I just more aware of idiot drivers when the weather is bad?

This thought came to me, this morning as I was driving to work in the pouring rain on a busy business street, and some idiot blasts past me going at least 45 in a 30 mph zone with traffic that was barely moving at 25 mph.

So, was I more aware of him because my senses were heightened because of the slippery road, or are there these drivers out there driving like this everyday, and I just haven't really paid attention to it?

I know that I am aware of the idiots on the freeway, because there seems to be an abundance of them here in California. Hey, we've just got an abundance of people to begin with, and we are noted for our weekly televised high speed chases, so there's no hope for it. But on the surface streets, I just haven't been so aware of it. Guess I'll just have to work on this one.

1 comment:

Dragons52 said...

No I personally think that in bad weather people become idiots on the road...they can't see the difference between good weather and bad weather so just act normal which is being an idiot in my book!

eXTReMe Tracker