15 February 2009

WHY PIFFLE AND PRATTLE?

Why would I choose to name my blog "Piffle and Prattle" you ask? Because my other choices, like spit and spew, rant and rave, babbles and prattles, bitch and moan, rantings of a baby boomer, just somehow didn't seem totally appropriate or were already taken.

My decision to create a blog was self serving. The last four years have been a total and complete roller coaster ride for me emotionally, physically and spiritually. I am a middle aged women suffering from symptoms that I know millions of others are suffering from as well. I'm sagging where I don't want to sag, and can't seem to get myself motivated enough to get out and exercise. I cry when I don't want to be crying, at the drop of the hat over the stupidest things. I would rather curl up on the couch with a book, or just watch TV than go anywhere or be with anybody. Basically, there are more days than I'd like to admit to, that I'd just like to not be around.

I want to bitch and moan about all my woes, but I know that nobody really wants to just listen. I want to rant and rave about so many things that I feel are unfair and unjust, but I feel that nobody really cares how I feel. Have you ever been talking to someone about how you feel, really pouring your heart out and their cell phone rings and they walk away to answer it? Have you ever been expressing some emotions about something to someone and you get the "ya ya, I got one better" thrown at you? How about the times you are told you are wrong for feeling the way you do? Have you ever had your opinion asked about something and as your expressing yourself the other person walks away because they saw somebody else they wanted to talk to?

I've felt squashed from having experienced all of the above situations. I hate it when I'm talking to someone and thinking that they are listening and caring about what I'm saying, but after a few moments they are distracted by something or someone else (which apparently is more important than what I'm saying or feeling). This makes me feel so small and unimportant and that what I feel and have to say is of no value. So for me personally, it's safer to clam up and internalize and thus adds fuel to the emotional, physical and spiritual demise of life.

HENCE, the creation of Piffle and Prattle. By creating this blog I decided that I could and would spew out my thoughts and feelings and in so doing it gets it out of my space, relieves some of the pressure and I don't have to be face to face with anybody to feel any rejection. Of course, I hope that there is someone else out in the world that can also relate to this and can know they aren't alone. Whew! Feeling better already!

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker