18 April 2009

GOING RAW


All Aboard!

Alright, I'm shooting for eating Raw (or as close to it as I can get). What this means is that I'm working on cleaning up me terrible eating habits and I'm going to cut out all processed and packaged foods. I'm cutting out Pepsi, Hot Pockets, donuts, rice and bread (except for the veggie pizza with my husband on Friday night - it's like a date thing that can't (shouldn't) be given up).

So you ask, where did this crazy idea come from...well here's the track on it.

Last year, or at least I think it was since it seems the older I get the harder it is to remember, I was watching The Tyra Banks Show and 'Diet Wars' was the topic of the day. In this episode Tyra choose three teams with two women to go on three different diet programs for 3 month time period. Tyra then matched them up with three diet gurus. The teams were to compete against each other to see which team would lose the most weight on that particular program. The guru whose team lost the most weight after three months would win.
The first team was lead by Dr. Ian Smith author of The Fat Smash Diet. The second team was lead by Jillian Michaels who is known for her connection to The Biggest Loser. And the third team was with Alissa Cohen and the Raw Food Diet. The results were mixed for each of the programs and their results. Jillian's people didn't do so great because her program obviously puts a good amount of emphasis on exercise, and I know for me that being so overweight that without someone behind me to keep me going at it, exercise is ALWAYS the first thing that "I don't have time to do".

Anyway, the jest of it is that I found that concept of the Raw Food Diet interested me. I looked into it and at that time thought that I would like to try this but with all that was going on for me at the time, I put it on the back burner. Well, that burner has brought it to a boil and I'm reaching out to grab it. A couple of weeks ago someone told me about this snack food called Phi Plus which they purchased online. It is a mixture of nuts, seeds, fruits and such. I decided to try it and after using it just for a snack for three days, I noticed a HUGE difference in my overall well being.

So, I decided to take it one step further and to try going completely raw. I started this cycle on Monday and with the exception of a little chicken in my salad at lunch and the bite of pumpkin bread, I had a good day. Tuesday was a little tougher cuz I had popcorn and a diet Pepsi (my vice). Wednesday was better but still had that chicken in the salad and had my last diet Pepsi.
I decided that since I had finished of the case of Pepsi, I wouldn't buy anymore. I've been off it for three days now (ugh, this is the hardest).

Well now, here it is Saturday and I've been (mostly) on the program for 5 days. I've lost 4 pounds and for the first time in 14 years, I actually slept through the night. I actually do feel better and have more energy. I'm going to keep a running blog on this so it helps keep me in line and to let the world unknown, keep tabs with me as well.

Until the next posting....yummy yummy carrots ...as Bugs Bunny would say "ah, what's up doc"!

www.gethealthygoraw.wholefoodfarmacy.com

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker